On Dec 25th 1925, a Japanese nationalist revolutionary group staged a coup d’etat. The revolutionaries acted swiftly, suppressing the prime minister, police, major corporations, and newspapers. Struggling to react, the old government faction sent the order to a secret information organization ‘Igasei’ to initiate an assassination program called ‘Yatagarasu’ and eliminate the leaders of the coup d’etat.
Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm is an original, traditional-style 2D fighting game with 11 playable characters that takes heavy inspiration from Street Fighter III, focusing on delivering solid game play and high quality production values.
The control mechanics are simple and readily accessible to anyone, but gameplay is based around reading your opponent, parrying and countering, and is deep enough to provide an enjoyable challenge for even seasoned fighting game veterans.
Yatagarasu AoC features a unique commentary system which provides tournament-style real-time commentary based on developments in the match. Both Japanese and English dynamic commentaries (audio and subtitles) are available and providing the English commentary are veteran commentators Jchensor, UltraDavid, and Maximilian.
Other features include online play with rank matches, lobby matches, online leaderboards, tournament play, Twitter integration, a fully-featured training mode, and GGPO to follow in an upcoming update.
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7
- Processor: Pentium 4 3.0GHz or better
- Memory: 512 MB RAM
- Graphics: Must support 640×480 resolution. Certain laptops and onboard video cards may have compatibility issues.
- DirectX: Version 9.0
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 1 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectSound-compatible Sound Card
- Additional Notes: Windows 8 is not yet officially supported, but Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm has been tested without problems on Win 8 laptops and desktops.