The Matrix: Path of Neo allows the player to participate in many of the major action scenes in the films. Most of these sequences, picked by the movie directors themselves, are taken from the first film in the series.
At the start of the game, the player is hacker Thomas Anderson, and does not possess any of the powers that the character will later discover as Neo. As the game continues, players learn new skills and techniques, equipping Neo for the final showdown with Agent Smith. These additional skills may be levels and in the main game. Many of these skills are used by Neo in the trilogy, including the bullet dodge, bullet stop, and flight. A number of weapons are available in the game, consisting of both melee weapons (including various types of swords, staves, and escrimas) and firearms (assault rifle, submachine gun, pistol etc.).
The game also allows the player to meet many of the characters in the films, including Trinity, Morpheus and the Merovingian, amongst others.
The game uses film excerpts as cut scenes throughout the game at certain milestones. This footage includes clips from the original The Matrix theatrical films, and from other sources, including the short film series, The Animatrix and Enter the Matrix.
- OS: Microsoft® Windows® 2000/XP
- Processor: 800 MHz Intel Pentium III or 800 MHz AMD Athlon or 1.2GHz Intel Celeron or 1.2 GHz AMD Duron processor
- Memory: 128 MB of RAM
- Graphics: 32 MB video card with DirectX 9.0 compatible drivers (“GeForce” or better)
- DirectX Version: Microsoft DirectX® 9.0
- Hard Drive: 915 MB of free hard disk space (+ 635 MB if video card does NOT support DirectX Texture Compression)
- Sound Card: Sound Card with DirectX 9.0
- Processor: Intel Pentium IV or AMD Athlon XP processor 256(+) MB of RAM
- Memory: 1.55 GB of free hard disk space(+ 635 MB if video card does NOT support DirectX Texture Compression)
- Graphics: 64(+) MB video card with DirectX 9.0 compatible drivers (“GeForce 3” / “Radeon 8500” or better with DirectX Texture Compression support)