Start with a single city in the Ancient Age; gather resources; build an infrastructure; research technologies; construct Wonders of the World such as the Pyramids and the Eiffel Tower; and expand your military might across the world, conquering hostile nations with bombers, battleships, and tanks—all over your lunch hour!In Rise of Nations there are:
- 18 Nations—each with special abilities and unique military units.
- Over a hundred military units operating on the ground, sea, and air— from Hoplites to Frigates to Helicopters.
- Over two dozen buildings with upgrades and technologies that will take your nation from a small City to an Information Age society.
- 14 Wonders of the World—the Terra Cotta Army, the Taj Mahal, the Eiffel Tower. Each gives your nation special bonuses.
- More than a dozen map types, ranging from the Amazon Rainforest to the Himalayas to the Nile Delta.
- Conquer the World campaign—a linked series of dozens of scenarios.
The Extended Edition includes:
- Rise of Nations
- Rise of Nations: Thrones and Patriots
New in the Extended Edition:
- Improved Visuals
- Improved water
- Improved textures
- Full-screen anti-aliasing
- OS: Windows Vista, 7, 8.1+
- Processor: 1.6
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Graphics: Direct X 10+ Capable GPU
- DirectX: Version 10
- Storage: 3 GB available space
- Sound Card: Direct X Compatible Sound Card
- Additional Notes: GPU at least (Integrated HD 3000, 8600GT, etc)
- OS: Windows 7, 8.1+
- Processor: 2.6 Ghz
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: Direct X 11+
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 5 GB available space
- Additional Notes: GeForce 9800GTX, Radeon 4850+