Crash Time 5: Undercover is a racing game similar to titles like Need for Speed. Set on the beautiful roads and Autobahns of Germany, you play undercover cops set on taking down a smuggling ring.
It’s difficult not to be disappointed with Crash Time 5: Undercover, as it’s obvious that there’s a good game hiding there somewhere. The scenery is lovely, and the open world roads of the German countryside make for a great driving environment. The driving physics are not up to Forza or Gran Turismo standards, but they are OK, and driving is fun. The feel is more realistic than arcade racing, which does set it apart from the Need for Speed series.
Crash Time 5: Undercover falls apart with its story and dialog. There’s a lot of speech, and it’s just not very good. It’s forced, and not very well translated (from German). This occasionally makes Crash Time unintentionally funny, but makes it hard to take the character’s seriously. While driving is fun, crash physics are poor, and while the roads are pretty, the world overall feels sterile.
Minimum system requirements
• Windows XP 32 Bit, Windows Vista/7 32/64 Bit, current Service Pack
· Single Core: Intel Pentium 4 with 2,8 GHz or comparable with SSE2
· Multi Core: Intel Core 2 with 2,0 GHz or comparable with SSE2
• 2 GB RAM
• AGP 8x / PCI-E / integrated graphics:
· Shader Modell 4.0 Hardware Support, min. 256 MB VRAM
· NVidia GeForce 8600 GT / ATI Radeon HD 2600
• DirectX® 9.0c compatible sound card
• approx. 3 GB free hard disc space
• DVD-ROM drive, keyboard
• Recommended: Xbox 360 Controller